A program that creates an injury profile with exercises address weaknesses in a studio's training program.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Survey Time

This week I start surveying dance studios around the valley. I am super excited. I have worked with my internship, school mentor, and dance instructor to make sure these surveys give informative results. I am hoping I will see a couple of trends the first being that dance injuries raise when the students begin rehearsing for long hours. I know at my studio when we have a performance deadline on the rise we focus on learning the choreography rather than stretching. I'll admit I am irresponsible and I do not stretch on my own, but I know I'm not the only dancer who only stretches in class. Rehearsal weeks are the weeks dancers need to be stretching the most. Our bodies work hours their not used too and without the proper warm up our muscles get overused and tense up which leads to more injuries. I also expect that dancers do not tell their instructors about every injury. Pain is a common aspect in dance as is it in sports and until a dancers trains to become a professional they do not learn how to treat minor injuries properly.


I will be collecting surveys for the next three weeks and are the first step to changing how injuries are treated in a recreational dance studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment